Gold

Share and discuss ideas on how to financially navigate the peak oil situation
MuttoDori

Gold

Post by MuttoDori »

Hi all,

Thought it would be good to have a place for gold here. Been long since 2010. Would love to hear others thoughts on what's driving the massive spike, when if at all to convert to cash.

I think this is a decent summary:

https://youtu.be/BcygtkCEavE

One of the key aspects for me is its maintenance of purchasing power. I remember a Swiss college explaining that the cost of a tailor-made suite hasn't changed since the 1980s in gold terms, i.e. 1oz., the purchasing power of one’s currency has. That alongside family in Zimbabwe who use USD/gold to function day to day.
kevinfitton

Re: Gold

Post by kevinfitton »

Drawing from Martin Armstrong, Tom Luongo and Austrian economists, such as Hans Herman Hoppe, the two major drivers of gold price are loss of confidence in government, and war. Both of which are interrelated, increasing and imminent.

Central banks have been buying gold hand over fist, as it is a neutral asset, rather than the $ or other currencies, government bonds, any physical assets in areas threatened by war, incompetent government policies or money creation ( yes it is a part, but not the central issue here )

Yes, gold and cryptos are then the two obvious go-to assets for an uncertain and mobile future.